Applications are now open for the 7th BIYSC edition, a two-week international science program for young people (16 to 18) passionate about Science and Technology. It will take place in Barcelona, 3 – 14 July 2023.
BIYSC provides a world-class experience developing research projects at leading research centers and together with active researchers and scientists, participating in scientific conferences and debates, and enjoying sharing the experience with peers from all over the world with whom share the same interests.
The requirements for a student to be considered as a candidate for the program are:
- Be between 16 and 18 years old (10th to 12th grade).
- Good academic record, which must be accompanied by an eagerness and motivation to participate in the program. We look for talented and curious young people who, apart from having good academic results, have a genuine interest in Science, Technology and Research.
- Good command of the English language.
- Intention to pursue a career in Science or Technology.
- Commitment to make the most of the opportunities offered by the program.
The participation fee assumed by the student for participation at BIYSC is 2.950€ per participant. It covers accommodation on 3-14 July, materials used in the projects, local transportation, social and scientific activities and programmed visits, cultural visits, remuneration of lecturers, insurance. More info: https://biysc.org/participation-fee
- The applicant’s parent/legal guardian must complete and submit the AUTHORIZATION FORM, which must include:
- Contact details of the parent/legal guardian authorizing the application.
- Contact details of the student.
- Research project in which the applicant wants to participate (3 preference options).
- Contact details of the school teacher that will recommend the student (name and email).
- Once the Authorization Form is submitted, the student will immediately receive an email message with the link to the APPLICATION FORM, which he/she will have to fill with the following information:
- Official academic qualifications.
- Reasons for having chosen the specific research projects (in a video format: you will have 1 minute for each project you have chosen to explain yourself. (Be original!).
- Personal statement and motivation letter (1st Challenge).
- Personal experience in the field of science.
- Ethical argumentation in science.
- Explanation of the initiatives that the student will undertake to collect the necessary funds to cover the participation fee (4th Challenge). The participation fee is 2.950€.
- At the same time, the applicant’s science/mathematics/technology teacher or headteacher will receive an email with a link to the RECOMMENDATION FORM (2nd Challenge)
To enter the selection process is essential to submit all three listed forms:
- Authorization form of the applicant’s parent/legal tutor.
- Application form.
- Confidential recommendation form of the teacher.
All information about this edition, the program, research projects and application can be found on https://biysc.org
The deadline for application: the 12th of April.
Source: BIYSC via Lecturers Without Borders Images: BIYSC.org