European School Education Platform (ESEP) is announcing the 2023 call for papers, open until the 31st of March. The theme of this year is ”Educational Innovation”.
By investing in the latest teaching methodologies, pedagogical approaches and technologies, educators can ensure that students are well-equipped for the future and can adapt to our fast-paced, ever-changing world. Furthermore, fostering a culture of innovation within the education system will not only benefit students but also educators, researchers and society as a whole.
In this context, the topics of interest of the current call include theoretical frameworks, practices, policies, methods of inquiry and/or assessment of innovative practices in early childhood education and care (ECEC), primary education, lower/ upper secondary education, as well as initial vocational education and training (iVET) and initial teacher education. Some indicative areas and topics include the following:
- Personalised and adaptive learning
- Learning analytics
- Artificial intelligence in education
- Design thinking
- Virtual and augmented reality
- Open educational resources and MOOCs
- Assessment and evaluation of innovative educational practices
- Creativity and innovation in curriculum development
- Organisational/ school culture and leadership
- Service-learning and/or community-based learning
- Students’ agency in educational innovation
- Parental/ family involvement
- Community engagement and civic responsibility
- Social-emotional learning and well-being
- Place-based education and sustainability
- Digital competences
The submission and review will be in two parts: first the authors are asked to submit an extended abstract, and if selected, the authors will submit the full manuscript.
Submission: The call will be open until 31 March 2023 (23:59 CEST). The submission of the extended abstracts is done through this online form: https://ec.europa.eu/eusurvey/runner/esep-cfp-2023. All submissions must be written in English. Authors must use the provided template: download the template.
• All submissions will be firstly screened by an internal editorial board. The authors of the extended abstracts that comply with the requirements indicated in the current call will be asked to submit their full manuscript. Notification of the extended abstracts acceptance will be communicated latest by 30 April 2023.
• The submission of the full manuscript will be done by 30 June 2023.
• The full manuscript will be subject to anonymous double-blind peer review by two external reviewers. Notification of manuscript acceptance will be communicated latest by 30 September 2023. If needed, the authors of the selected manuscripts will be requested to re-submit a revised version taking into account the reviewers’ comments by 15 October 2023.
• The final selection of the manuscripts will be conducted until 31 October 2023, based on whether the authors have sufficiently addressed the reviewers’ comments.
• The articles will be published on the platform by the end of 2023.
• Find more information at the research section on European School Education Platform: https://school-education.ec.europa.eu/en/insights/research.
Publication: The final selection of manuscripts will be published online as a thematic issue on the European School Education Platform (open access); the abstract will be published in 29 languages and the full manuscript in English. The authors will be asked to sign an Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) waiver.
* * *
Full call for proposals: https://iteach.ro/mod/anunt/descarca.php?anuntid=128201
The articles published in 2022 on the European School Education Platform can be read here: https://school-education.ec.europa.eu/en/insights/research/summary-article-2022
Source: ESEP, via European Schoolnet Photo by Pixabay